Battle Thread (Skirmish at Wang Ji Xiang) Jul 18, 2011 2:51:16 GMT
Post by Sun Quan on Jul 18, 2011 2:51:16 GMT
Skirmish at Wang Ji Xiang
Terrain & Movement Guidelines:
Forested Mountain (dark green) and the River cannot be traveled over with infantry, siege weapons, and Cavalry. The Light Forest only slightly impedes movement. Infantry move 4 Hexes a turn, Cavalry 6. Even faster if the unit is using a forced march speed, but suffers some penalties. Catapults's range is up to 7 hexes, an onager's range is 5 hexes, archers can fire up to 3 hexes.
The Campfires and the tents are patrols of Shu men. They are all pre-determined for Shu; each tent is 25 men; 10 Retinue Spearmen, 10 Crossbowmen, 5 Retinue Swordsmen.
The Catapults symbol is an Onager. These specific onagers get an extra hex of range, as they are considered stationary and elevated; they are not movable.
The fort is considered the 7 hexes within the black box. Archers stationed in the fort gain an extra hex of range on their attack. This is the only area on the map that this is applicable to.
The villages are farming villages full of peasantry. They are unarmed and unarmored and will not fight against any enemy unless occupied by a Shu garrison.
Wei heard of the attack at Chang'An and immediately began plans to counterattack. With their hostage against Wu, they figured themselves settled in attacks coming from south of them. However, the west must be put in it's place, and as such, they began a midnight march to Xin Ye. Under guise of darkness and already committed battle, the forces of Wei head out under the cover of darkness to fight the forces of Shu on their own turf.
Will they be successful? Find out in today's episode of RAID THAT ENEMY STRONGHOLD!
Weather: It is a clear night, the stars and moon are out in full effect. The night is a cold one, so expect to bundle up out there today, folks.
- Shu Forces are routed out of their stronghold and back to Xin Ye
= OR =
- Shu garrison commander is captured or killed
- Wei forces are held at the fort for more than 10 turns (the 11th turn signifies a loss for Wei)
- Wei assault commander is captured or killed.
- Personally pick the Cherry Tree in the right side of the map! (+10 Rep, your troops are less fatigued.)
- Dismantle the Onagers (+5 Rep)
- Successful Dodge the Patrols (+5 Rep Camp fires/tents)
- Rally the Common Folk (200 Peasants, +2 Benevolence per farm, +10 Rep, +5 Benevolence if all farms rallied)
- Blot Out the Sun (+5 rep if the Onagers fire for exactly 5 rounds without being stopped)
- Talk to an enemy officer, in or outside of battle! (+5 Rep)
A Brigade (3,000 - 5,000) troops is all that is allowed on either side. This is a sneak attack versus a small outpost on the road to Xin Ye. Note: This pertains to kingdom troops only, personal troops may be brought in any quantity.
Battle Moderator: Justin (me!)
Back-up Moderator(s): Steve or Blaine (should he ever return), Mikey if no others available.
Moderator Note: Jen's battle formula will be used for any uncertainties in this battle. I will make my own decisions based on what happens, check it against Jen's formula, and if it agrees within a general amount, I will go with my gut. I have been battle modding for over half a decade, I got this shit.
The Battle may start as soon as all parties arrive.